Tell me about yourself
Tell me about yourself? or Tell me a little about yourself?
This is basic interview question that every recruiter will ask you. You always show employer’s job qualifications in your answers. You can ref sample of interview answers, job interview tips …as follows:
1. Answer structure
You can answer this questions based on structure as follows:
• A brief summary of your personal details: You have to give your name, where you are from and a brief review of your resume. You may also provide any other personal detail that you choose to provide.
• Education: You should tell the interviewer about your educational qualifications and any relevant miscellaneous educational qualifications that you might have amassed.
• Professional experience: Standard questions during a job interview are “tell me about your professional experience”. Depending on whether you are a novice or an experienced professional, you should share your previous job experiences.
2. Answer tips
• Keep the information crisp and relevant: One of the first things to remember is to keep the information crisp and relevant. Try to speak in short sentences and moreover, try to give them as much information as possible in the least amount of time.
• Facts and figures: While telling about yourself, be prepared to be asked further questions about any facts and figures that you have provided.
• Fabricated or false information: Another important thing that you should remember is that you should not give any fabricated or false information while answering the Tell Me about Yourself Interview question.
• Irrelevant and unnecessary information: It is very important that no irrelevant and unnecessary information is given out during the question.
• Do Not Tell them about: You should not disclose too much information. You might tell the interviewer that your hobby is fishing, but telling about your last fishing trip in which you missed a big fish would be too much information, unless the interviewer is a big fishing fan and actually goads you into telling the details.
• Do not repeat information from the CV: You should ascertain that none of the information that you provide about yourself is repeated or duplicated from your curriculum vitae.
3. Answer samples
Answer sample 1
I have aquired many years of experience in financial duties like Accounting, payroll, collection of revenue, processing other payments and other relevant duties in a finance department. I have also worked in an audit department as an Internal Auditor. I like hardwork and punctuality. I always try to acomplish duties in a timely manner. If need be I am always ready to do extra hours of work. I look forward to a higher rewarded job as compensation to my qualifications and job experience and I am always confident that I can do my best for the benefit of the company where I am applointed. I am a honest and trustworthy person.
Answer sample 2
I am Peter Ho and I was working as project coordinator in ABC. I am having 6 years of experience on LAMP technology.
In my 6 years of careers , I have worked with 2 companies as a full time job and 3 as a part time tech consultant and story board writer.
My main responsibility is project coordinator ship, like communicating with clients , collect the requirements (in Maintenance project or hourly project) and distribute the tasks to team and work as developer with team too and writing story boards too. This way i can closely monitor the development and decrease the dependencies of any resource on me.
I am also looking for the opportunities , which increase my skills and give me chance to reduce the efforts of people.
My real strength is my attention to detail. As a coordinator my main focus is always on two things – Deadline should be meet and Application should be meet the client requirements.
Answer sample 3
I am working in ABC ( oil company ) in XYZ located in CDF Avation for 15 years and Im a hardworking employee and have good moral character…
I started working for the past 15 years and working in the region has taught me a lot. I have learned many things here. Especially taking care and solving the problem and how to deal properly in interacting to the best quality of services which the customer needed through direct and indirect contact with them. I gained more experiences from dealing from the demands and complaints of each customer and how we can coordinate with them in order to solve their problems without hesitation from all the staff and customer. It has provided me with the right attitude in working with a team and as individual player as well.
Seeking good opportunity which suit my qualification and experience which position has given me a chance to show my abilities and to enhance my knowledge.
Enclosed here my resume for your evaluation, and look forward to meeting you soon to discuss any opportunity you may have available.
I Hope that you will consider my application and be given a chance to work in your company
Job interview ebooks:
The job interview ebooks are available at Clickbank.com, if you want to ref more, you can visit links below:
1. Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers - This ebook include best answer samples and answer tips for job interview questions.
2. Job Interview Success System - This Ebook Transform The Complicated Job Interview Process Into A Simple, Step-by-step System To Ace The Interview And Get The Job!.
3. Killer Interview Secrets - Remarkable new job interview system that helps job seekers get their dream job.This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at 1:53 am and is filed under Interview questions and answers. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.